Wednesday 4 January 2012

Race For Life

Toni Stanford's Kick Start work is based on the Race For Life run for the Cancer charity. An excellent example of Movement, Muscle and Metabolism, the runners began from behind Chesterfield Town Hall in 2011.

2500 women dressed in pink! All ages and sizes. They had their race numbers on their fronts and the name of the person they were running for on the back.

Look back in the archives down the right hand side for June. There is a photo of Toni working on ideas with Graeme Reed on our first workshop.

Whilst I have to confess I have not got far on the production of my own art work, I hope yours is coming on a pace? I, and Toni, are working on putting the programme together for the 2012-13 Kickstart to be launched at the next Festival of Stitch in April 2012.

If any of you would like to share images or ideas of work in progress, or even completed work please e-mail me at kickstarteg@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Penny,
    These are really exciting images. The exhibition subject is a challenge and it looks like people are rising to it wonderfully well. I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete